Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Altered Tin for Wdnesday Stamper Challenge


I did this tin for a challenge on Split Close Stampers about a week ago, it's candy tin, one I use to store my decorative wires in. My daughter loved it and has asked me to do one for her birthday next month. I've been going through a phase of crafting other things rather than cards.
Lo and behold I went on Wednesday Stamper and their challenge is mixed media, well I think my tin qualifies for that. I painted the tin with gesso, then luminnaire paints I then fused some Angelina fibres and stuck this on the top. I stamped the Stitchels images onto tissue paper and stuck this over the top of the tin. The butterfly is stamped onto Claudine Hellmuths sticky backed canvis which is stuck onto crafting metal. The branch is a grunge board flourish.

15 comments:

Willy said...

Very beautiful candy tin!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Lovely altered tin!

Lynn Stevens said...

sweet!

herminesplace said...

Really beautiful!

belindaschneider said...

it certainly qualifies, lovely tin!

hastingshall2 said...

What a unique candy tin! This is very beautiful, Jeannie.
Faye

Kris Dickinson said...

Such a beautiful tin!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous art piece!! Beautiful.

Basement gal said...

It's gorgeous

Lori Saul said...

This is such a lovely tin -very beautiful use of materials!

Clau said...

Wonderful colours! Such a beautiful tin.

Sandy said...

Wow this is lovely. So wonderful Tin.

sija said...

Beautiful tin.

lena said...

Lovely tin. I like your choice of colours and that little bird stamp...

Cazzy said...

That is a lovely Tin Jeannie, thanks for following my blog.

Cazzy x