Thursday, 29 October 2009

My Life Lately

Long time since I blogged, life has just got in the way. I've been creating on and off but mostly playing with a new computerized sewing machine, I have big plans to do more mixed media products. I have been interested in manipulating textiles for ages but was limited with my old sewing machine, I have no excuse now, this new machine does just about everything.
Recently I did a workshop in making felt the non needle way and loved it, I'd also like to try felting using the needles, I'd love to machine embroider onto my own felt.
The postcard I've uploaded is one I made for my daughter, I got the idea from an article by Jean Hardy from Crafty Individuals although I did my take on to it. I used the method I was taught on free style machine embroidery using chiffon to encase angelina fibres and tiny pieces of mettalic materials, I then free styled some embroidery onto the chiffon and added various bits and beads. The buton I used was one I made using polymer clay. I did 3 postcards altogether but I like this one the best. The image I used was from Paper Artsy. It always reminds me of Kathy in Wuthering Heights

1 comment:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I missed this, Jean - it's lovely. Bet you're having lots of fun with your new machine :)