Saturday, 20 March 2010

Catch Up

Not been blogging for a while now or done much in the way of crafting except for some mixed media art. Depression hit me like a stone and I've had to force myself to do things, thing is when I force myself to do anything I feel  more creative than other times. I haven't scanned or photographed my latest projects but here is some I did a while ago. The above is an ATC which I did for a Swap I did on Katies Corner I used a Tim Holz number background UM and a Paper Artsy Um. The tag was made for a swap  and I used Ferro dimentional paste on grungeboard for the background, I then stamped into it using a text stamp and a PaperArtsy scroll um I then painted it with Luminnaire paints

Monday, 1 February 2010

Lots to Do Challenge

The challenge on the Lots To Do challenge blog on Saturday was to make a tag using a different shape than is usual. I used a Nestabilities label die to cut mine out of chipboard, I then did the background using Viva Ferro paste then stamped into it with a flourish stamp and a text um, and dabbed on  various acrylic paints till I got the effect I want. The method is on Paper Artsy Blog and I just love this technique. The main image is from A plate of ums from The Artistic Stamper. I added an eyelet , beads, prima flower and fibres from my stash.

Saturday, 30 January 2010

Cat Arch for Something Completely Different

This is my Cat Gothic Art for this weeks challenge on Something Completely Different. I've recently received an order from Paper Artsy and have had fun playing. The background I did by applying a thick coat of Viva Ferro paste, I then sprayed 2 different stamps with water and stamped into it. I painted over this when dry with acrylic paints until I got the desired effect. It is not my idea, Leandra from PaperArtsy has an excellent video on her blog All the stamps I used are from Paper Artsy as is the paint and chip board arch.

Thursday, 28 January 2010

Black and White Mingle card

Made this card a few weeks ago but was waiting until my  partner for the mingle on  Katies Corner Group received her card. The mingle was to make a black and white card for your partner. I stamped the main image in versark twice on one image I put black embossing powder and on the other I used white embossing powder then cut each image in two and matched 2 different pieces together. The image was from a plate of Ums from Hearts in Touch  and the background  a texture plate from Carolines rubberstamps was embossed in white on black card. I added some pima flowers with a designer brad fom a set I got as a gift

Saturday, 23 January 2010

Inkurable Stampers Challenge

This is a doll I have made for the challenge on Inkurable Stampers It's my first time for making a Art Doll and did I have fun? It took me back to my childhood when I used to cut images out of old catologues and then dress them in different clothes.

Friday, 22 January 2010

Something Completely Different Challenge

This is my take on the Gothic Arch, Angel challenge on the Something Completely Different Blog . I used my new  angel stamp from Crafty Individuals .

Having Fun

Glad to say I seem to have got my mojo back, have been busy crafting this last week, these are some of the projects I've completed.  The crane card is one I made a while ago, I got the stamp from my Advent Swap partner Darlene on Katies Corner group and is coloured in with Promarkers, thought she might appreciate a card using the the stamp she sent me. I used a Crafty Individuals stamp for the main image on the second card and several text stamps on the background, the background is done by sponging on  Adirondaks inks and I used a Cuttlebug flourish to finish it of

Friday, 15 January 2010

More Cards

Have had a frustrating hour trying to figure out what I would like to stamp but I seem to have lost my mojo. Having said that I have made several cards recently so thought it about time to upload some of them.
The first card is done using a Stamp Club image froma a chocolate themed plate.
The second card is one of my current favourite stamps from I did the background with Glimmer Mist and used a branch mask, the corners are from a cuttlebug dye and are cut out from chipboard on which I put Adirondaks black dabber paint.
On the third card the main image is a stamp I got ages ago from the is by a company called Just for Fun. I distessed the background paper with Adirondak inks including Butterscotch. The lace and buttons are from my stash.